Friday 12 February 2016

V is for Vagenda (Part 9 - SUPERNOVA)



V is for Vagenda (Part 9 - SUPERNOVA) 

 

"Nooooooooo!" I scream out as Brainiacs Prime Avatar nearly has nearly every one of my friends beaten literally to death - knowing the cast I have power for can only save one! I can't choose! I fell every muscle in my body clenching, from my toes, calves, stomach, back, arms, fingers, jawline, teeth grinding, eyes popping out, knees bent, bones aching - I scream casting a heal in tears refusing to choose - it usually feels so embarrassingly orgasmic casting a heal, but this is so incredibly far beyond - like I can feel atoms bursting in my blood as an energy too big for me escapes my body out my mouth, overpowering what usually leaves through my fingers - I can't control it! I can't close my eyes - and the near blackout is not happening - a yellow ribbon appears around me - electric purple lightning shooting in and out of my flesh - I can't stop this scream!!!! A white ball emanates from my center - completely surrounding me. It pulses, growing and shrinking with my heart three times - then explodes as energy in every direction at the speed of a ripple in a pond - healing everything it touches as my body begins to rip apart!! Sweet release as I black out from the pain.

I wake up slowly - it still hurts? Why does it... I mean... it never... Why am I not in my room or the infirmary, even? Voices all around me muffled, struggling to understand a word - garbled deep sounds still unclear, but I can make out a voice that makes my heart hit my throat - Lex Luthor!!! Adrenaline wakes me up as I clamor and fall - I'm in a green bubble encased by Hal Jordan - who tells me to try to be calm. We are in the hangar of the Watchtower. Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Hal, Flash, Captain Marvel, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter - and Lex Luthor...

"All this time, my father struggled to warn of our home world's demise and his solution failing his people - he was really right all this time... it worked..." said Superman in a rare moment of shock.

In other circumstances, Lex would want to smile and relish the words he spoke next, but was filled with genuine compassion "Yes, Superman, "The Messenger" actually worked and would have saved Krypton - did save Krypton in an alternate reality - but we are now faced with a temporal paradox." He throws open a control panel for a functional replica of the time machine he had used to bring the Exobytes back from the future horror he had previously narrowly escaped, and began a starting sequence. Everyone at the table was helpless - they had to accept and execute the next course of action. The final solution. The only solution.

I start to panic, not understanding this pain, why Lex is firing up a machine, why does everyone looks at me like that "What is going on??!" I don't realize it, but no one can touch me - I'm throwing off too much radiation. Hal has me contained but barely. Wonder Woman and Superman kneel beside me and and choke each time they try to speak, unable to tell me what is happening.

Batman stands tall, the only one fully composed, holding Supermans shoulder "V - we understand now, but there are no other options. You are going critical. There is no quantifiable way to measure the output of your energy signature - you are going Supernova. We need to get you away from this solar system or it will destroy everything in it - if not from the final blast, then the gravity well to follow. We can't save you, but there is a larger plan forcing our hand. Your death needs to take place at these coordinates. Further - on this date - or we will see the destruction of this entire time line"

I... I can't process... this much... too much pain... too much information...

Superman finally bursts out crying, knowing full well that he has to take me through Lex's time machine, to the calculated place and time, so that I may safely explode in a fantastic Supernova that will destroy his own planet, preserving the history that led us all to be here on this planet now. He can't save his planet without destroying this reality. Bruce squeezes tighter "You know what you have to do - it's time"

A loud crash like thunder deafens us as Lex's Portal opens, a swirling Blue grey mass like a whirlpool swirling in circles "It is ready", Lex calls out to us over the roar.

Wonder Woman begs for more time to properly say goodbye, but Hal warns he can't contain me much longer - he drains his ring to make a capsule Superman can take alone through the portal. I hear his tear hit the floor next to me louder than anything else in the room somehow, like it fell in slow motion fading the volume of the universe down to be hear alone when it landed - and I'm whisked away as fast as he can move.

We are immediately through the portal - I can't see Krypton, but he can. Even his super strength can't allow him to do what he must to save the universe without shutting emotionally off right now - and even that can't last - He punches through the barrier to hold me one time and tell me that he loves me and is sorry. Out here, we are alone. No one else could survive what is coming from me. The release in pressure is such a help right now but it doesn't stop building up. He stays as long as he can manage saying nothing, then one stare and disappears through the portal back to the future.

He arrives safe - because what had to be done was. There was a future to return to.

I pull into the fetal position - in space there is no sound - intense light. In my mind I do not feel pain. I do not feel this body. I sing a song in my head and think of Raine. 
SUPERNOVA



 
I wake up screaming. Batman comes over the comm asking if I'm OK, concerned. I tremble realizing it was all a dream, static shock tingling all over me and through the room. I'm sweaty and my bed clothes are stuck with static to the ceiling. This is completely random and weird and ... I'm ...

I'm alive?

My head hurts so much. "I've, ahhh... I'm... is that you Batman?" Oh, my god is was all a dream. A terrific horrible, oh my god I'm so happy to be alive, dream.

"Maybe I should come down there - the readings are unusual" Batman says to me analytically perplexed.

"No, it... it's OK - we're all OK down here" I decline realizing I'm naked.

V

No comments:

Post a Comment