Friday 12 February 2016

V is for Vagenda (Part 2 - Orientation)



V is for Vagenda (Part 2 - Orientation)

Where do I go from here? Who are all these people? What have I gotten myself into?

==========================
Facts
- Psychological shock is also called acute stress reaction, acute stress disorder, mental shock or just shock.
- Psychological shock is a condition arising in response to a terrifying event
- Psychological shock is the result of a traumatic event in which the person experiences or witnesses an event that causes them to experience extreme, disturbing or unexpected fear, stress, and that involves or threatens serious injury, perceived serious injury or death.
- Psychological shock is a variation of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Some of the symptoms are anxiety, impaired judgment, confusion, detachment and depression.
==========================

and so the pamphlet read...

Orientation


Who knew Black Canary was the Justice League psychologist? Why am I trusting her with my problems? Do I really trust her or have I been brain-washed or programmed to?

I feel so overwhelmed. It all happened so fast, and I want to cry out that this is all wrong, all unusual - I want to see my family again. It isn't like me to spend so much time alone among Legendary Heroes - but then again, there is nothing normal about any of this. I was thrust against my will into all of this, like everyone else in my shoes...

You rise above.

Did I mention I can fly now? My mind can't focus on anything real, mostly because it is so completely unrealistic. I thought I had seen it all and lived the rare life of celebrity status by virtue of my brother and the consequences of his fame. Getting trained by Superman daily in a new city, or in a secret space station orbiting earth - it kind of diminishes what I thought was fame prior.

Struggling to adapt, I found myself looking for people that seemed to be like myself in the Watchtower on our downtime. After spending so much time living hidden, or under an alias, this whole superhero name thing was already second nature to me. Batman really drilled the need for anonymity in this profession, but after my run in with Cicatrix, I needed no convincing.

OMG - it is hard to think about. That night walking home when Cicatrix attacked me, only to end up abducted shortly thereafter, discovering I was just like her with no time to react - encapsulated. How long was I in there? It feels like this was all yesterday, but it had to be at least a week now. I've been training for 6 days.

Yesterday I met some people at a costume party by the statues of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Who makes giant golden statues of themselves and ships them to space, anyway? I think Superman even has a duplicate in Metropolis. Do they just pump these from a mold at will? OMG I still can't focus and keep on topic! Hello, V! Focus!

Is “ironic” the word? Considering that a group of heroes that already have aliases and costumes dressing in another costume for a costume party was about to take place, I think "Ironic" applies. I like a good party, and after all this I could really use one, so when I heard the call to join it, I went without hesitating. I didn't really have anything to wear as a costume, though. Then again, everything about me is already a costume, and I am a complete no one to everyone. I literally knew no one there. I met this guy named Synerge and he said he liked my style and asked me all kinds of things about my powers. Some of it was over my head, and I actually learned a little bit about my powers as he helped me answer his own questions about my powers. Does "ironic" apply a second time here? Would "ironic" applying a second time also be "ironic"? OK, swearing never to say "ironic" again in this story - starting to sound like Robin.

I never even knew I had a communicator on me until Synerge invited me to Fearless Legion. He showed me what a league was, how to talk to people in it, introduced me to all kinds of friends, made me sign up to this website they have for it...

More for my little mind to process, yikes!

It is good though. I was alone this morning and suddenly I feel like I belong somewhere. I have friends, and they seem like me and understand what I'm going through. It is a big help right now feeling like I'm a part of something bigger than myself. I feel more confident, stronger, happier!

If I can go from undercover normal prep student to super-powered hero who is essentially Superman's apprentice and newest league member at Fearless Legion after surviving Brainiac... OMG, brain overload again... If all of that can happen in a week, just imagine tomorrow!

V

No comments:

Post a Comment