Friday 12 February 2016

V is for Vagenda (Part 1 - Origins)



V is for Vagenda (Part 1 - Origins) 

Everyone has so much in common. Not just the Human Genome Project proving the our genetic sequencing is 99.999% identical and that all our differences, our uniqueness, is summed up for solidly in that 0.0001% variation. Not in the primary need for food, water, and shelter. Not in the secondary needs for truth, honesty, sexual gratification, unconditional love, and drama. I mean something else.

Everyone has so much in common. Daoists and Buddhists both share similar belief structures suggesting were are all one soul experiencing each other subjectively as our soul makes separate passes through reality entering free from the concept of time and exiting in due consequence as though our soul were some ethereal needle weaving in and out of the fabric of existence as we know it.

Why do I crave such attention? Am I chasing the fame that came so easily for my brother? Am I bad for wanting it? I really want to be good – don’t we all want to be good? Why the need for affirmation from others to see good in myself…

VAGENDA


I’ve always loved the lightning storms from my bedroom window. I used to pretend I was secretly making each bolt appear at my whim. It wasn’t the same that night. The wind was stronger, and the lightning was… I don’t think it was lightning really… there wasn’t really any thunder, and it was fascinating.

My brother and I were both hit. My skull was fractured from the impact, my brothers hand had 7 fractures. We were nowhere near each other, ironically. He was in Los Angeles, in the United States of America and I was in Hampstead, England with my parents. What were the odds that we would both get hit like that?

We were in hospitals on different continents and both were considered extremely lucky cases. The news later called them exobytes and so many people were terrified and overwhelmed with incredibly powerful abilities they could not even control at first. Saul and I were two of the few that seemed normal still and just needed to heal, lucky to survive getting hit by the things. I healed really fast, too.

My mother was already sorta someone in music making costumes for artists, but within a year Saul was really becoming famous. By the time Slash was a household name, I had to change mine just to keep away from the Paparazzi. I went to a private school under an alias and met some that had powers from the exos. It was fantastic seeing what some of them could do, though one girl found out who I really was and turned on me. She threatened to tell everyone who I was if I didn’t give her money. I thought she was joking.

I was coming home from the bar alone late one night when she caught up with me at the park. I was so happy to see her when she came running at me – I hate walking through there alone. Next thing I see is her leering at me from above, her one good eye. Her eye patch covering the one she lost where the exo went in when it hit her - they say a small fragment that couldn’t be removed is still in there… She was so angry and I got so scared. She demanded money I didn’t have and started burning a line down the front of my shirt burning my skin as she went, but almost as fast as she could move her hand, the skin healed. This made her so incensed that she went for my throat and I cringed and shut my eyes bracing. All I heard was a loud resonating sound, and I felt her body wash away from me as she screamed. Somehow, I knew it came from me but I wasn’t sure what it was or how I did it… Then the yellow light in the storm clouds above appeared…

I guess if you are reading this, then you likely have a story about how you came to wake up in Brainac’s ship. After leaving with Superman, I just had to keep working with him. I know some clinical psychologist can tell me why I cling like that but at least I’m aware I do it.

I was supposed to tell a great story here about my past and all, but… I’m flighty, flirty, feisty, flawed, and many things besides, but not much of a writer or poet. It’s all been a bit much going from a small Hampstead girl, to Slash’s little sister in hiding, to flying with Superman.

Somehow I still feel like I can’t measure up to anyone but I want to. I don’t need accolades and legendary status in South Park as Vunter Slaush… What do I need?

I just want, like, world peace and stuff, lol, omg so kidding – ok? I’m not THAT blond, for real.

Superman will always be in my heart and I will wear the hat in tribute to my brother, always, but the most important thing I’ve learned through all this is that your friends will always be there for you. I couldn’t make it without them, and I care so much about them.

I want to be a great healer in this world.

Great people make other people feel great.

V

No comments:

Post a Comment